Laguna JX|8 QuadTec: II Jointer 1.75HP 110V
Couldn't load pickup availability
The Laguna JX|8 QuadTec I is loaded with highly desirable features to make jointing safer and more enjoyable. The JX|8 is available in 2 versions. This version is the 110 Volt 1.75 HP version.
- Parallelogram Table Adjustments – Table depth adjustments travel along an arc to keep the same distance to the cutterhead through its travel
- Emergency “Knee-Stop” – The new knee stop uses a body-length bar at knee height to shut off the JX jointer. This important safety feature allows the machine operator to stop the machine quickly at any position along the front of the machine while keeping hands on the workpiece
- New Ergonomic Machine Body – The new JX Series machine body has been redesigned with a “toe-kick” to allow the user to position themself closer to the machine tables and to move safer and easier along the length of the machine
- In-feed Support Roller – Infeed tables are now fitted with pull-out support roller to help support longer materials
- QuadTec II Cutterhead – The upgraded all-new QuadTec II cuttherhead comes as standard equipment on the new JX-8 QuadTec II The QuadTec II produces an amazing surface finish on all woods including difficult hardwoods. The QuadTec II uses 4-sided carbide insert knives that are quieter and much more durable compared to straight HSS knives. The 4-sided knives can be rotated for a new cutting edge without the need for a knife setting jig
- Built-In Wheels – No need to purchase a separate mobility kit
- Cast-Iron Tables and Fence
The inserts are solid carbide (14x14x2mm) so they can be rotated 4x to extend the already longer life Compared to HSS. The inserts are mounted on a straight line requiring less machining thus saving cost. The QuadTec: I is also quieter than conventional straight knives. Each insert is indexed requiring no jig when rotating or replacing.